LHD are committed to representing clients in all aspects of criminal defence law, from investigation to prosecution at the police station, magistrates court and crown court. We have experience in dealing with cases including, but not limited to:
- Drug allegations such as supply, production, importation, possession
- Violence allegations from common assault through to murder
- Public Order offences such as affray, violent disorder, disorderly or threatening behaviour
- Sexual offences, including representation when the police are seeking prohibitive orders
- Theft, fraud and dishonesty allegations, shoplifting through to burglary and robbery
- Criminal damage and arson
- Driving allegations
- Dangerous dogs
- Breaches of court orders
- Opposing applications made by the police or the local council for anti-social behaviour orders, closure orders, criminal behaviour orders, football banning orders and more
We have specialised experience in the following areas:
Youth Court Cases
If you are under the age of 18 your case will usually be dealt with in the Youth Court. The law relating to youths and the possible outcomes that may result are very different to those for adults. It is extremely important that you are represented by someone with experience.
Social Media Offences
There has been a great deal of discussion in the news about these offences which can range from contempt of court to malicious communications. The use of twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites has increased drastically over the last decade and the law has changing dramatically with it. This is a developing area of law that we have a range of experience to advise upon.
Road Traffic Cases
We at LHD have a proven track record of dealing with motoring cases throughout the area. We have successfully defended cases ranging from not wearing a seatbelt through to causing death by dangerous driving.
Police Station Advice
We will attend the police station with you at any time of the day or night, we are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All representation at the police station is free to anyone no matter their income. This applies to those arrested or those asked to attend voluntarily. We will attend with you to provide support and expert advice.
We will also attend interviews with the Local Authority, Trading Standards, HMRC, the Benefits Agency and more. You may be entitled to free legal advice even when these interviews do not take place at the police station so please ask us for further information.